21 November 2008

School

I work at a Boy's High School in Incheon. My students act the way you'd expect a group of teenage boys to act after being cooped up all day, they're animals. Misbehave, sleep in class, talk loudly to each other in Korea, etc. On the flip side, I have a lot of power as a teacher. The kinds of punishments that I can give would get me fired and possibly imprisoned in the United States so I guess it's a trade off. Fair warning, if you are planning to come to Korea to work then expect to see things that may make some people uncomfortable.

On the lighter side, my school sits right next to an Elementary School and one of the bathrooms has windows facing the Elementary School so a couple of their classrooms can look down and watch me urniate. I'd post photos, but I can't think of a way to explain what I was doing if I got caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment