21 November 2008

Riot Kids

This all took place at Seoul Station on Korean Veterans day, I was going to post it sooner but I'm lazy.




It started with some pushing and shoving . . .




The cops moved in to break it up . . .



Then people started throwing punches and screaming . . .



I found myself in the middle of a group of people with press passes . . .





And I allowed them to get between me and the fighting, hoping that the police would pause before busting skulls in this part of the crowd . . .



Another fight . . .



People were running back and fourth, both to and away from the fights . . .



Bad thing about sitting in the middle of a group of reporters is the fact that they kept getting in the way . . .



This one got a little too close . . .



Confrontation . . .



I decided to keep back . . .



More reporters . . .


A group of people with flags marched by . . .



And into the festival, things looked quiet so I followed them . . .


And ended up in the press booth right next to the stage . . .



Checked back on the crowd and they seemed to be doing fine without me . . .


And had quieted down quite a bit . . .




Riot Police Buses
They look like converted City Busses





Protesters Milling around


Singers of some sort, they kept going and ignored the fighting



More singers




The Riot Police had the entire station surounded




Built a wall out of buses







And Here's a video I took of part of the fight, would have taken more but I thought it best to get out of the way as things were starting to turn bad at this point. Unfortunately, the exciting part was happening to my left as I stopped filming and got the hell out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment